Good news for Detroit! The city is fast becoming known as a tourist destination and is spurring a growth in the Hotel and Hospitality industry Downtown.
- 2,000 new rooms expected to be added
- Average occupancy rates are now in the low 70%, up from under 50% a decade ago.
- Yearly Detroit Visitors have jumped from 11-12M ten years ago to more than 19M in 2017.
- Many of these new rooms are being provided by 'boutique' hotels offering 100-200 rooms, as compared to massive 800+ room offerings.
- The uptick in hotel offerings will make Detroit more enticing for conventions, further driving occupancy rates up and boosting the entire Metro Area economy.
See if the growing Detroit Economy is impacting your home value- find out here!
Check what home are currently for sale- The Most Advanced Metro Detroit Home Search
Read more about the Detroit Hotel Boom- Crainsdetroit.com